Pages

Monday, October 26, 2015

Products that I used for a DIY brunette to blonde

 Products that I have been using for my

"DIY Brunette to Blonde"

"

Where did I buy these?


Sally beauty, I would highly recommend getting a Sally beauty member card for $5 (which you will get back after your registered online) They will send you an email with the $5 coupon, deals, discounts for future purchases. It's a great deal.

What to buy?

Before you buy: read my blog about understanding peroxide/developer and understanding hair color, if you haven't.

1. Peroxide developers -  volume 20 and 30 to start (I like the ion sensitive scalp, it's smells good, it's a little more gentle than other developers)

2. Vaseline or petroleum jelly - this is use to protect the skin around your face from the bleach or color that you are planning to use..color will dye your skin temporarily (e.g., you have seen those women that come out of a salon and there are brown or red dye near their root lines around their faces - that's is because their stylist didn't put anything around their face to protect their skin)

3. Gloves - to protect your hands (also at Sally...I bought a big box as I am planning to do my hair going forward- it's about $20 for a box that will last you years....you can use for cleaning as well and it fits better than those bulky kitchen gloves)

4. Cap - to protect your clothes from the coloring/bleaching process (make sure to get a plastic cap not a cloth as that bleeds through your clothes and will damage it) - around $10 at Sally's 

I would recommend wearing a t-shirt that you don't really care about in case of any mishap, and make sure you do in the bathroom or somewhere with a hard surface (not wood or carpet) or put down an old towel or a garbage bag.

5. Coconut oil - for moisturizing your hair a couple of days or a day before you start (I bought mine form Costco - a big jug that you see in the picture, this is good for multi-purpose, baking, cooking, hair and even for DIY moisturizer or a carrier oil for essential oils) - it was $25 on sale for the big jug, normally maybe $34.99

6.  Loreal Quick blue - bleach, comes in 1lb, 2 pouches inside, will last you a year or two depending how often you work on your hair or others (you can buy this on Amazon as well to deliver directly to your house or Sally) it's $24.99 regular price, $19.99 on sale 

7. A little mix get bowl - that purple one in the picture is $1.59 from Sally, the mixing brush, ranging from really small to big - $.59-$2.99

8. Aluminum foil - already cut into highlighting size - 700 sheets for $11.99 (totally worth it as it was so time consuming trying to cut up my own sheet from the standard kitchen roll--this could be something your kids can help you do if you prefer to do that yourself) - this roll will last for years (I will show you two technique to foiling your hair that i have learned watching stylists over time in another post)

9. Toners - this is more optional depending how light you like your hair or the color you like your blonde hair to be (initially I wanted to see how I would look with an ash blonde so I used a Wella toner T18 - lightest ash blonde) it turned out pretty well but I prefer no toner on my hair (here is a picture of what the toner did to my hair..also you can see my other post to see the phases of my hair transformation.




No comments:

Post a Comment