Pages

Saturday, October 24, 2015

Brunette (level 2) to Blonde (level 8) DIY - page 1 of 2

It took me a month to transition from being a level 2 (Dark Brown) to a level 8 (Light blonde).
As mentioned in my other posts, it is important to gradually get to your end result rather than doing it in a big bang.  The rationale behind this is, you want to see how your hair react in order to mitigate any potential hair loss or damage.
My hair is Asian hair, very thick and coarse, can handle a lot and even then, I still take precaution mainly because, my hair did break off when I went to a hair stylist that used a 30 volume developer (I learned this after the fact) on my hair and areas with baby hair (the hair closets to your neck behind your head or hair around your face), those hair actually broke off, I lost about half of my baby or thinner hair in the back of head (and I have very long hair, way pass my bra line) and it broke off and left only about 4 inches from my neck.   At the time, I wasn't very educated about developers or processing time or type / brand of developers so I left it in the hands of a professional and even then, there were still mishap. Again, we are humans, not all stylist are great, just like not all restaurants are good.

With that said, these are the products that I used: (you can see these details in my Products I used post)
  1. Ion Sensitive Scalp, which smells really nice and is gentler on your hair / scalp. 
  2. Quick Blue by L'Oreal
  3. Wella Toner - T18 - lightest ash blonde
  4. Ion 12N - High lift ash blonde (for maintenance)

                                                Phase 0: color treated dark reddish-brown




Final Phase: Before and after

To see all phases and details of products, see this blog -> Brunette to Blonde DIY - all phases!

No comments:

Post a Comment